Chamber of Commerce
Pennsylvania Birth & Death Certificates
Older Birth and Death Certificates are available at Ancestry.com:
- If the Birth Certificate you are seeking is 105 years ago or more, or the Death Certificate you are seeking is 50 years ago or more, this page will give you information on indexes and finding the certificates at ancestry.com.
New York State Birth & Death Records information is available here.
- Are you researching Bradford County? If so, please contact: Bradford County. The Bradford Landmark Society is located in the city of Bradford, Pennsylvania, McKean County.
- Cornelius Family Genealogy. Photos, obituaries and so much more
- The McKean County Historical Society in Smethport, Pennsylvania.
- Back To Bradford by Angela Nuzzo. The content, variety, and first-rate presentation are worth every moment spent viewing.
- The Penn-Brad Oil Museum, Custer City, PA focuses on the Bradford area's rich oil heritage through historic displays and guided tours. Open year-round.
- Salamanca Rail Museum. Just a 1/2 hr. drive from Bradford and well worth the trip.
- See what Planet Smethport has to offer. It's an absolute goldmine of information on McKean County.
- McKean County genealogy information at Rootsweb.
- Visit the Little Museum in Cameron County, PA.
- Beautiful Civil War Watercolor Maps by McElfresh Maps.
- Bradford's local newspaper is THE BRADFORD ERA.
- The OLEAN TIMES HERALD is located in nearby Olean, NY (Cattaraugus County).
- Search Smethport, PA newspapers such as The Citizen, The McKean County Miner, McKean County Democrat, Settler & Pennon and others covering the years 1833 through 1978.
- The Allegheny National Forest Vacation Bureau has a multitude of ideas to help you enjoy the beauty of this area year-round. Be sure to investigate the possibilities.
- Walk the Crook Farm Loop North Trail of the Tuna Valley Trail. Located along the west side of the Tunungwant Creek from Bolivar Drive to Tuna Crossroads. There is a graveled parking lot at the Crook Farm for walkers wishing to access the trail from Seaward Avenue.
- The Kinzua Viaduct majestically spanned the Kinzua Valley for over a century before that fateful day of July 21, 2003. Let this site take you through that day, complete with animation.
- Would you like to put that GPS to work in the Bradford area searching for geocaches? The Bradford Landmark Society has a cache named in its honor. Get the facts here.