RICHARD E. "RICK" BROCIUS
June 3, 1959 - April 29, 2020
From the April 30, 2020 edition of The Bradford Era, Bradford Pennsylvania, pg. 2:
Richard E. "Rick" Brocius' obituary
GERALDINE LUCILLE KENNEDY DeMARKEY
September 7, 1915 - January 9, 2017
On January 9th Geraldine DeMarkey, a good friend and loyal supporter of the Society, passed away in her 101st year. We will remember and miss her frequent phone calls and letters. Her memory was matched by only a few and we are grateful she chose to share her knowledge with us. We extend our sincere sympathy to her family.
- Read Geraldine’s obituary here.
CORNELL NICHOLAS "PETE" PFOHL III
January 22, 1926 - December 22, 2016
Our deepest sympathies to the family of Pete Pfohl. We lose yet another friend who remains in our hearts through his memory. We are honored to have known you, Pete.
- ~Read Pete's obituary here.
MARY RITA "MICKEY" COLLINS RYAN
December 12, 1922 - August 12, 2016
Mary was the mother of our Curator, Sally, and Tom, Lynn, Mike, and Kris. She was our volunteer typist extraordinaire. Mary arrived for “duty” with a smile on her face, exchanged greetings with everyone, prepared her workplace, and it was off to the races. We swear she could have typed through the loudest thunderstorm, the scream of sirens, and regular distractions without batting an eye. She was still working with us less than a year ago, at 92 years of age! She bridged the gap between a typewriter and computer with zeal and determination and, wow, was she good at it. It didn’t matter the most mundane task folding newsletters or the challenge of translating Latin to English. We miss her physical presence but she’s left us with a treasure of memories. Job well done, Mary. Job well done.
- ~ Read Mary's obituary here. This is how she wished to be remembered.
LARRY A. RICHMOND
If you've been associated with the Bradford Landmark Society more than four years, you'll no doubt remember Larry Richmond. It is with great sadness we acknowledge his passing on Sunday, May 6, 2012. There is hardly a page on this website without Larry's touch. His obituary, printed in the May 8th edition of The Bradford Era, gives a glimpse into his areas of interests and expertise. Larry devoted countless hours helping people research their family roots. He memorized the Main Street addresses, had an unrivaled knowledge of the homes and mansions of Bradford, knew about obscure cornerstones, made it his mission to record information for McKean County Civil War veterans, gave "birth" to the obituary index in use today, worked with students, and encouraged them to explore the rich history of Bradford. He trudged between his house and the Herbig Bakery Headquarters here on East Corydon Street so many times in both good and inclement weather, he surely wore grooves in the pavement and sidewalks. He was here bright and early in the morning, often returning at night to finish a project or meet someone unable to visit during the normal operating hours. The foundation of Larry's work was accomplished the old-fashioned way, BTI (before the internet), but he readily recognized and embraced new technology, bringing us into the computer age. He never stopped thinking, learning, and sharing. He was a bona fide Genealogist. It will take years for any of us to come close to claiming that title. A person like Larry comes along once in a lifetime.
In loving memory of "Mr. History", Larry A. Richmond, born April 18, 1940, passed away May 6, 2012.
In Loving Memory of Naomi "Ni" G. Carlson
April 15, 1931 - May 14, 2015
- Naomi will be remembered for her years of dedication to the Girl Scouts USA and her involvement in the McKean County Beagle Club, AAUW, Bell Telephone Pioneers of America, and Community Outreach. She was a frequent visitor to the Bradford Landmark Society bringing us her knowledge of the area and her wonderful sense of humor. Rest in peace, good lookin'.
In Loving Memory of Richard L. "Dick" Robertson
May 25, 1926 - March 27, 2015
- Dick's expertise on this area's history was unparalleled. We enjoyed his visits to the Society and appreciated his willingness to share what he knew. We will miss you dear friend. Our heartfelt sympathy to his family.
In Loving Memory of Patricia M. Connelly Schessler
91, passed away March 21, 2015
- Pat was active in the Bradford Landmark Society for many years. Her knowledge of Bradford history was remarkable as was her writing. It's sad to say goodbye to another friend. Our deepest sympathy goes out to her family and wide circle of friends.
In Loving Memory of Anna M. DeLucia
February 3, 1925 - February 6, 2015
- Ann was a long-time volunteer for the Bradford Landmark Society. She will be fondly remembered and missed greatly. Our sincere condolences go out to her family and friends