CREATIVE WOMEN WORKSHOP
Held the last Saturday each July, the Society held its 6th Annual Event on July 27th, 2019, the "Best of the Creative Women Workshop".
- Tell me about the workshop:
- Each woman selects four different classes in order of preference. The classes run about an hour although there may be exceptions for those that require two hours time in order to adequately provide proper instruction. In that case, the 2-hour classes count as two selections, so the student would then opt for just two other classes. Many of our attendees sign up with friends and request the same classes and same times. Sally, our Curator, takes great care to make this scheduling possible and has an excellent success rate. Just give her enough notice to accomplish this. Registration for the event normally closes a week before the event.
- Some classes may require you to wear certain clothing and/or footwear. This is for your safety.
- What if I want to take just one class and pay 1/4 of the fee?
- The program is specifically designed with each woman taking multiple classes along with a boxed lunch for one set fee. At this time we are not offering the single-class option.
- What is the age requirement?
- Sixteen years old, please.
- Where do the classes take place?
- Both outdoors and inside, depending on the materials being used (such as paper, paint, glass, for example). The address you'll want to enter for your GPS is "476 Seaward Avenue, Bradford, PA 16701"
- What's for Lunch?
- Boxed lunches are provided as part of the registration fee. A hearty sandwich, chips and sweet treat are regular fare as well as bottled water. We can accommodate vegetarians and those with gluten sensitivity.
Be sure to set aside July 25, 2020 for the next Workshop.
The photos on this page give you an idea of the fun to be had but you need to be there in person to understand the full effect!